Samsung 980 PRO SSD with Heatsink 2TB (MZ-V8P2T0, NVMe PCIe 4.0)
Boost Your Gaming Storage
- Next-level SSD performance - Unleash the power of the PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 980 PRO for next-level computing. The PCIe 4.0 delivers 2x the data transfer rate of PCIe 3.0 while staying backward compatible for total versatility. The added heatsink elevates speed, power efficiency, and thermal control to maximize gameplay.
- Maximum speed - With Samsung’s in-house controller for PCIe 4.0 SSD, the 980 PRO Series is optimized for speed. It delivers read speeds up to 7,000 MB/s, 2x faster than PCIe 3.0 SSDs and 12.7x faster than SATA SSDs. The 980 PRO series achieves max speeds on PCIe 4.0 and may vary in other settings.
- A winning combination - Gamers, techies, and designers benefit from thermal control, high-performance bandwidth, and sustained performance for heavy-duty applications. Games load fast for more play, less wait. Smart heat management reduces distracting noise and cooling fan work for uninterrupted, fully immersive gaming.
- Efficient M.2 SSD - The 980 PRO with Heatsink minimizes space limits with a thin 8.6mm body, compatible with PlayStation 5 plus desktops & laptops meeting PCI-SIG D8 specs. The 980 PRO's compact, easy to plug-in M.2 form factor maximizes board design flexibility for building efficient, high-performance systems.
- Smart Thermal Control - Samsung’s nickel-coated controller reliably manages NAND chip heat levels. The 980 PRO's heat spreader label allows thermal control access. The 980 PRO Heatsink uses proven data center SSD technology to dissipate heat, for continuous high-performance gaming on most consoles and PC systems.
- Magician software - Unlock the full power of the 980 with Samsung Magician's intuitive yet advanced optimization tools. Monitor drive health, optimize performance, protect valuable data, and receive important updates with Magician to ensure you're always getting the best performance out of your SSD.