Nikon D4 (Body Only)
Nikon D4 offers a level of speed and accuracy that will redefine your notion of the fleeting moment. A carefully selected FX-format 16.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor is paired with Nikon’s powerful EXPEED3 image processor for stunning stills up to 11 fps. A 91,000-Pixel RGB 3D Color Matrix Metering III sensor partners with Nikon’s Advanced SRS to deliver unmatched accuracy in every frame. Add a faster, more responsive 51-point AF system for a camera that can keep pace with you.
When an assignment calls for broadcast-quality video and audio, Nikon D4 is ready. Choose from three Multi-area mode Full HD D-Movie (1080p) video formats: FX, DX or the new 2.7x Crop mode—all at 16:9 aspect ratio. Manual exposure control helps keep the same look from start to finish. Built-in HDMI lets you view footage on an external monitor or record uncompressed 8-bit 4.2.2 footage directly to an external recording device. Even take 2MP stills simultaneously while filming. Attach the ME-1 Stereo Microphone and record high fidelity audio with minimal camera noise.
- Advanced Wireless Lighting supported with SB-910, SB-900, SB-800 or SB-700 as a master flash.
- Actual frame rates for 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, and 24p are 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps respectively; all options support both high and normal image quality.
- Nikon flagship digital SLRs have long been recognized by professionals for their clean performance at high sensitivity settings, and the new 16.2-megapixel D4 offers low-noise performance at ISO 12800.
- Nikon's Integrated Dust Reduction System, which includes a self-cleaning sensor unit with four different resonance frequencies to vibrate the optical low-pass filter and shake dust away from the sensor.
- 91,000 pixel RGB metering sensor with Advanced Scene Recognition System.
- Advanced Multi-CAM3500FX auto-focus sensor (51-point, 15 cross-type).
- Ten frames per second in continuous FX mode (eleven frames per second with auto-exposure and auto-focus disabled).
- Buffer for 100 RAW or 200 JPEG frames in one burst.Nikon Expeed 3 image/video processor.
Margin Scheme Applies*
Brand Nikon Model Number D4 - 25482 Camera Type Digital Camera Processor Expeed3 Resolution 16.2 effective megapixels (4928 × 3280 pixels) ISO Sensitivity ISO 100 to 12800 in steps of 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV; Can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7 or 1 EV (ISO 50 equivalent) below ISO 100 or to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, 2, 3 or 4 EV (ISO 204800 equivalent) above ISO 12800; Auto ISO sensitivity control available Lens Type Nikon F-mount Lens Mount Nikon F mount (with AF coupling and AF contacts) Focusing Nikon Advanced Multi-CAM 3500FX autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection, fine-tuning, 51 focus points (including 15 cross-type sensors; f/8 supported by 11 sensors) Focus Type Single-point AF, 9-, 21- or 51-point dynamic-area AF, 3D-tracking, auto-area AF Screen 8-cm (3.2-in.), approx. 921k-dot (VGA) TFT LCD with 170°viewing angle. Screen Features approx. 100% frame coverage, and automatic monitor brightness control using ambient brightness sensor,AF area brackets and framing grid Shutter Speed 1/8,000 to 30 s in steps of 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV, bulb, X250 Exposure Modes Programmed auto with flexible program (P); shutter-priority auto (S); aperture-priority auto (A); manual (M) Effects incandescent, fluorescent (7 types), direct sunlight, flash, cloudy, shade, preset manual (up to 4 values can be stored) Photo File Formats
NEF (RAW): 12 or 14 bit, lossless compressed, compressed or uncompressed ,TIFF (RGB) ,JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1:4), normal (approx. 1:8) or basic (approx. 1:16) compression (Size priority); Optimal quality compression available, NEF (RAW)+JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats
Video Mode H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding Video File Formats MOV Audio File Formats Linear PCM Memory Card Either card can be used for primary or backup storage or for separate storage of NEF (RAW) and JPEG images; pictures can be copied between cards TV Output PAL,NTSC Battery Type One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL18 Color Black Dimensions Approx. 160 x 156.5 x 90.5 mm/6.3 x 6.2 x 3.6 in. Weight Approx. 1,180 g/2 lb 9.6 oz (camera body only)