Sony Alpha A6500 Compact System Camera (Body Only) - Black
The palm-sized all-around all-star
With unerring autofocus, unshakeable stability, and intuitive touchscreen operation crafted to fit in a palm, the α6500 is so ideal everywhere that you never need to miss a moment.
- World’s highest number phase-detection AF points - With 425 phase-detection AF points, this coverage ensures that no subject escapes its attention.
- World’s fastest (0.05 sec.) AF speed - Assisted by the BIONZ X, you can instantly capture fast-moving subjects with supreme accuracy.
- Touch Focus even with your eye to the viewfinder - You can swipe the LCD touchscreen to shift focus point intuitively & easily from an area to another.
- Up to 307 images in approx. 35 seconds - With a huge buffer of 307 images, without a drop in shooting speed you won’t miss a decisive moment.
- High-quality 4K recording - Oversampling from a 6K equivalent (20MP) achieves a high quality in 4K movie resolution and realism.
- XGA OLED Tru-Finder - The XGA OLED offers spectacular views and contrast, & when the high-frame rate 120fps mode is chosen, it displays smoother action for easier tracking.
- 5-axis image stabilisation - Camera shake compensation effect of five-stops-faster shutter speed. This system is effective for shooting steadier, clearer movies & still images.
- 5-axis works with many lenses - Minimise camera shake, even using various lenses. Gain unparalleled handheld shooting freedom using many of your favourite lenses.
- Slow & Quick motion - Up to 5x Slow Motion & up to 60x Quick Motion can be recorded at up to 50Mbps in Full HD, then played back without post-production processing.
|Camera type||Mirrorless camera|
|Processor||BIONZ X processor|
|Size||APS-C / 23.5 x 15.6 mm|
- AUTO, 100 - 6400
- Extendable to 100 - 51200
|Lens mount||Sony E mount|
|Digital zoom||8 x|
Electronic viewfinder & Live View
3" / 76.2 mm tiltable LCD touchscreen
- Resolution: 921,600 dots
- Adjustable angle: up by approx. 90 degrees, down by approx. 45 degrees
0.39" / 10 mm OLED viewfinder
|Shutter speed||- 30 secs - 1/4000th
- Bulb mode
|Continuous shooting||11 fps|
|Self-timer||- 2 seconds
- 5 seconds
- 10 seconds
|Photo exposure modes||
Auto, Programmed AE, Aperture priority, Shutter-speed priority, Manual, Movie, SI&Q Motion, Aperture priority, Shutter-speed priority, Manual, Sweep, Panorama, Scene selection
Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Warm white, Cool white, Day white, Daylight, Flash, Underwater, Colour temperature (2500 - 9900k) & colour filter (G7 to M7, A7 to B7), Custom
|Maximum photo resolution||6000 x 4000p|
|Photo file formats||- RAW
- RAW & JPEG
|Video mode||Yes, with sound|
|Maximum video resolution||
4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160p (120 fps)
|Other video resolutions||
Full HD 1920 x 1080p (120 fps)
|Autofocus in video||Yes|
|Stills from video||Yes|
|Video file formats||- XAVC S
|Audio file formats||- MP4
- Dolby Digital AC-3
|Memory card||- SD
- Memory Stick Duo
|Number of memory card slots||SD x 1|
|Guide number||6 m at ISO 100|
|Interface||- micro HDMI x 1
- micro USB x 1
|App available||PlayMemories app|
|Pictbridge / direct printing||Yes|
|Battery type||Lithium-ion NP-FW50|
|Battery life||Approx. 350 shots|
- Sony a6500 Mirrorless Camera
- Rechargeable battery NP-FW50
- AC power adapter AC-UUD12
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
66.9 x 120 x 53.3 mm (H x W x D)